The Docken Cabin

 1857 • Meroa, Iowa


1857 Built by B. Bergsager

1858 Purchased by T. Tiedman
and Gunhild Docken

1895 Moved off of original 
foundation and replaced by
new structure

1900’s Became workshop
and blacksmith shop used
by Gabriel Docken

1989 Restored by Galen and
Kathleen Docken

1999 Flood waters filled the cabin

2005 Given to Mitchell County
Historical Society by
Galen and Kathleen Docken
Moved to Meroa
  
Docken Family
Original Owners
   Gunhild                                     Tiedeman
         Asleson Docken                  Tiedemanson Docken
    April 10, 1840 -                        April 29, 1821 -
 January 22, 1924                      June 20, 1887

CHILDREN
Guri    1859
Ole     1861
Karina     1864
Mathia    1866
Antonette   1869
Olava    1872
Gabriel   1875
Inger     1878
Christina   1880
Thea   1883
Elvin “Ellef”   1886
                 
The Move
October 19, 2005
Left to Right: Loren Berge, Galen Docken,
Lloyd Gerbig and Dean Wright.